Right-of-Way Acquisition Process Virtual Community Information Meeting Held
Watch the virtual community meeting held on Monday, October 25, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Contact Information to Discuss Specific Property Potential Impacts
To learn about and discuss specific property potential impacts related to right of way acquisition, please contact FCDOT:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 703-877-5600, TTY 711
- By mail: FCDOT, Richmond Highway BRT, Project Manager, 4050 Legato Rd, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033
Property Impact Overview
To expand transportation facilities, government agencies may need to acquire land, or right of way (ROW), from private property owners.
- Private property rights are protected by both the Virginia and United States Constitutions. Land may be acquired only after careful study and “just compensation” for the owner.
- In the Richmond Highway BRT corridor, each property impact has been carefully considered to minimize the need for acquisition.
- FCDOT is following county, state, and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) procedures which ensure property owners are treated fairly and respectfully.