A community alternative to psychiatric hospitalization
The Wellness Circle Crisis Stabilization Unit is a 16-bed regional facility that provides an alternative to psychiatric hospitalization for Northern Virginia residents. Services are accessed through local Community Services Boards. The program is located at 4410 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax VA 22030, 703-205-9452.
Operated by the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, the Wellness Circle Crisis Stabilization Unit offers short-term crisis stabilization services for men and women with severe and persistent mental illness and for individuals with substance use disorders.
To be eligible for services, an individual must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Be willing (voluntarily) to receive treatment and psychiatric stabilization.
- Be a resident of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun or Prince William counties, or the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax or Falls Church.
- Provide structure and supervision to manage safety concerns.
- Improve symptoms.
- Identify and engage resources in the individual’s support system and in the community.
- Help develop and maintain a recovery plan.
- Prevent need for psychiatric hospitalization.
Recovery, wellness and hope.
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Medical detoxification from alcohol, opioids and benzodiazepines
- Medical assessment, exam
- Medication evaluations and management
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Individual and group counseling
- Wellness and recovery activities
- Assistance with daily living skills
- Individualized counseling sessions for family/friends
- Consultation / coordination with other service providers
- Planning for short-term needs after discharge
Our staff includes behavioral health clinicians, substance abuse counselors, peer recovery specialists, a psychiatrist, a nurse practitioner, nurses and chefs.
To access services at the Wellness Circle Crisis Stabilization Unit, call the Emergency Services unit of your local Community Services Board:
- Alexandria – 703-746-3401
- Arlington – 703-228-5160
- Fairfax-Falls Church – 703-573-5679
- Loudoun – 703-777-0320
- Prince William – 703-792-7800 (Manassas) or 703-792-4900 (Woodbridge)