A community alternative to psychiatric hospitalization
Woodburn Place Crisis Care is a 16-bed regional facility that provides an alternative to psychiatric hospitalization for Northern Virginia residents. Services are accessed through local Community Services Boards.
Operated by the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, Woodburn Place Crisis Care offers short-term crisis stabilization services for men and women with severe and persistent mental illness and for individuals with substance use disorders.
To be eligible for services, an individual must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Be willing (voluntarily) to receive treatment and psychiatric stabilization.
- Be a resident of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun or Prince William counties, or the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax or Falls Church.
- Provide structure and supervision to manage safety concerns.
- Improve symptoms.
- Identify and engage resources in the individual’s support system and in the community.
- Help develop and maintain a recovery plan.
- Prevent need for psychiatric hospitalization.
Recovery, wellness and hope.
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Medical assessment, exam
- Medication evaluations and management
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Individual and group counseling
- Wellness and recovery activities
- Assistance with daily living skills
- Individualized counseling sessions for family/friends
- Consultation / coordination with other service providers
- Planning for short-term needs after discharge
Our staff includes behavioral health clinicians, substance abuse counselors, peer recovery specialists, a psychiatrist, a nurse practitioner, nurses and chefs.
To access services at Woodburn Place Crisis Care, call the Emergency Services unit of your local Community Services Board:
- Alexandria – 703-746-3401
- Arlington – 703-228-5160
- Fairfax-Falls Church – 703-573-5679
- Loudoun – 703-777-0320
- Prince William – 703-792-7800 (Manassas) or 703-792-4900 (Woodbridge)
Woodburn Place Crisis Care
3300 Woodburn Road
Annandale, Virginia 22003
703-205-9452, Fax 703-653-1389