Beginning March 24, the Fairfax Health District will consolidate services across its five district offices to two locations. The Joseph Willard Health Center in the City of Fairfax and the Herndon Reston District Office will remain open for essential services offered by appointment only, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Both sites will offer limited services by appointment, including immunizations, pregnancy tests, STI services, TB testing and yellow fever immunizations. The Health Department will also continue to screen pregnant residents to determine if they meet the criteria for maternity services provided through a partnership with INOVA Cares Clinic for Women.
All Women, Infant and Children (WIC) services will be provided by phone. WIC clients can continue to call their preferred office site to schedule phone appointments.
At this time, the Health Department has temporarily suspended speech and hearing services. In addition, dental clinics are closed, except in the case of an emergency.
The Fairfax Health District is committed to providing critical services while keeping clients and staff safe. Safety measures include seeing clients by appointment only, asking clients to limit the number people in their party and limiting the number of clients who sit in waiting areas.
Call our Health Department Call Center at 703-267-3511 with Coronavirus (COVID-19) questions; open 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
- Text FFXCOVID to 888777 to receive updates from Fairfax County about COVID-19.
- Email questions or concerns to email@example.com. This email account will be staffed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. through 8 p.m.
- Visit a web portal for coronavirus that serves as a one-stop online resource for information.
- Learn more about COVID-19 on the Health Department Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage or FAQ page.
- Follow the Fairfax County Government Facebook Page and Health Department Facebook Page.
- Follow @fairfaxcounty and @fairfaxhealth on Twitter.
The Fairfax Health District includes Fairfax County, the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church, and the towns of Herndon and Vienna.