All Women, Infant and Children (WIC) services will be provided by phone. WIC clients can continue to call their preferred office site to schedule phone appointments.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) aims to improve the health of pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children under five years of age. Participants must meet categorical, income, residential and nutrition risk eligibility requirements.
WIC program services include:
- Supplemental nutritious food.
- Nutrition counseling and education.
- Breastfeeding promotion and support.
- Breastfeeding promotion and support is provided by the WIC Program through assistance and education, peer counselors, classes, and supplies and equipment (such as pumps).
- Information and referrals to health care and social services.
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding up to one year after delivery, or non-breastfeeding postpartum women up to 6 months after delivery or end of pregnancy.
- Infants and children up to five years.
- Resident of Virginia.
- Meet program income eligibility guidelines or participate in certain programs (SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, National School Lunch Program).
- An assessment will be done at the WIC clinic that will involve questions about diet and checking height, weight, and iron level.
How to Apply
- Contact one of the nine Fairfax County WIC offices for more information and to schedule an appointment.
- See if you may be eligible and request an appointment at the clinic most convenient for you.