There are 2 Steps to Schedule a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
STEP 1: CONFIRM YOU QUALIFY FOR COVID-19 VACCINATION FROM THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you qualify to register for an appointment.
- Are you a Fairfax Health District resident ages 65+?
- Are you a health care worker who lives or works in the Fairfax Health District?
- Are you a Fairfax Health District resident ages 16-64 with a high-risk medical condition or disability that increases your risk of severe illness from COVID-19?
If you meet any of the above criteria AND this is your first COVID-19 vaccination appointment, you are eligible to register for a COVID-19 vaccine from the Health Department. You can complete the Vaccine Appointment Questionnaire using the link below.
- Other Phase 1A and 1B-eligible groups are being vaccinated through dedicated vaccination clinics. Find this information on our vaccination home page (click on the drop-down “How do I get vaccinated if I am eligible?”)
- Fairfax Health District includes Fairfax County, cities of Fairfax and Falls Church, and the towns of Vienna and Herndon.
STEP 2: APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING
The Health Department will email you to schedule an appointment. You will be able to choose a day, time and location for your vaccine. Learn more about the registration process.
Please note: Non-essential worker Phase 1b groups currently eligible for vaccination account for approximately 40% of all our residents over the age of 16, and vaccine demand is far greater than appointment and vaccine availability at this time. Therefore, it may take months to vaccinate people in these priority groups. This is why – even if you register for an appointment – it might take some time before you can actually schedule a slot and get vaccinated. There are plans to increase options for vaccination at pharmacies and health care provider offices as vaccine supply increases, which over time will give people more choices.
Have you already received your first dose at the Fairfax County Health Department? If yes, then please do NOT use this online registration form. You are already in our system and will be sent a link to make an appointment when it is time for your second dose.
People who need assistance with registration, who need to register in another language, or who do not have proper internet access or technology for online appointment scheduling can contact our call center to register for an appointment over the phone at 703-324-7404.