The Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) began accepting online only pre-applications for placement on the Housing Choice Voucher waitlist today. Now through Monday, February 4, 2019 11:59 p.m. EST, applicants can apply to be on a waitlist for vouchers that subsidize rent at private properties with participating landlords.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/housing/waitlist.
What Should Applicants Know?
- The FCRHA will only accept electronic pre-applications.
- You can apply online from anywhere using a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with internet access.
- You are submitting a pre-application for placement in the applicant pool. 2,000 applicants will be selected from this pool using a computer-generated random selection process. Please note that this is only a pre-application and that additional information will required if selected from the waitlist.
- Everyone who applies AT ANYTIME during the one-week electronic pre-application period HAS AN EQUAL CHANCE to be randomly selected for the waitlist slots.
- Only one application per household will be accepted.
- Pre-applications will be offered in multiple languages.
- Applicants who need internet access may go to any local county library, or come to the FCRHA Main Office located at 3700 Pender Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030, or click here for additional locations and times that provide on-site assistance. *In the event of inclement weather, some on-site assistance locations may be closed. However, you may apply online at any time during the waitlist opening period.