The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) announces the availability of funds under the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) program. Project proposals are being solicited to acquire, develop or rehabilitate affordable rental housing.
Only multifamily rental projects consisting of 30 units or less and scattered site unit rental projects will be eligible under this request.
Additional points will be given to projects that include acquisition, development, and rehabilitation of affordable housing and meet one or more of the following special needs criteria:
- Elderly persons ages 62 and up earning at or below 30% of AMI;
- Youth transitioning out of foster care earning at or below 60% of AMI;
- Homeless (or at-risk of homelessness) earning at or below 60% of AMI;
- Persons with disabilities (physical, mental, or sensory) earning at or below 60% of AMI;
- Veterans earning at or below 60% of AMI; and
- Survivors of domestic violence earning at or below 80% of AMI.
The funding available under this request for proposal includes a total estimated $2,366,875 consisting of $877,797 in CDBG funds and $1,489,078 in HOME funds ($291,105 of which are reserved for Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)). Funding awarded to successful applicants must be used within 24 months of approval by the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) of grant awards (i.e., project completion and fully occupied by beneficiaries).
An application is available online the week of July 15 on www.e-ffordable.org
A pre-proposal conference on the application process will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, July 26, 2019 in the HCD Center Conference Room, in the Offices of the Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), 3700 Pender Drive, Fairfax, VA. SPACE IS LIMITED – Please RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 24.