FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.
Previous Meeting Information
- Community Meeting Presentation - April 9, 2017
- Community Meeting Flyer - April 9, 2017
- Community Meeting Flyer - Nov. 8, 2017
- Community Meeting Presentation - April 20, 2017
- Community Meeting Flyer - April 20, 2017
- Project Fact Sheet
- Community Meeting Presentation - Aug. 17, 2016
- Community Meeting Minutes - Aug. 17, 2016
The Springfield Multi-Use Parking Garage is a six-level structure that will hold approximately 1,000 parking spaces, and will enhance commuters' transportation options with the installation of:
- a bus transit center and seven bus bays
- commuter (slug) spaces
- a short-term parking area for pick up and drop off
- a pedestrian bridge over Old Keene Mill Road, connecting the garage to Springfield Plaza
- bicycle storage
- community areas for gatherings and events on the ground level and roof top
Design is in progress, and construction is anticipated to begin in fall 2019 with the facility opening in early 2022. The County will be identifying alternate, temporary parking for the users of the existing park-and-ride lot to use during construction.
The total project estimate is $63.81 million, and is fully funded by the Federal Transit Agency, Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (Federal Highway Administration), and the Fairfax County Commercial and Industrial Tax.
In 2014, Fairfax County completed a feasibility study for a multi-use commuter parking facility and transit center identified in the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan. The facility will be constructed on an existing surface commuter parking lot owned by the County on Old Keene Mill Road west of I-95 in the Springfield Community Business Center.