Keep safe. Prevent overdose.
My Safety Plan
I know that abstinence (not using) is the only way to be sure I don't overdose. But if I relapse, I will take these precautions to prevent overdose:
- I know that after not using for a while, my tolerance will be lower. So I will avoid using large amounts of opioids, benzodiazepines, and/or alcohol.
- I will not use drugs and alcohol together and will not mix drugs (including prescribed drugs).
- I will take my prescription medications as prescribed and will not abuse them.
- I will be careful where I get my drugs. I know the strength of the drug may differ among dealers.
- I will try not to use alone so that I always have someone near who can help me if I overdose.
- I will participate and encourage others to participate in a REVIVE! opioid overdose reversal training.
- I will try not to use drugs by injection.
- If I relapse, I agree to tell ____________________________________ and ask for help.
- If I am in danger, or if someone I am with is in danger, I will call 911.