The Office of Individual and Family Affairs (OIFA promotes inclusion and provides support to individuals receiving CSB services and their family members in their role as self-advocates. OIFA assures that their interests are represented, and their input is considered in all planning and policy development for the CSB.
- Participating in committees, workgroups, initiatives, and senior leadership teams to provide a voice for individuals and family members.
- Convening and spearheading committees, initiatives,
- Supporting Global Peer Support Day in Fairfax County.
- Supporting research into peer support and recovery.
- Serving as liaison with organizations representing individuals with lived experience and their families, establishing ongoing communication, disseminating information, and identifying major issues.
- Provide advocacy support to individuals and family members who have unresolved challenges with CSB services. Learn more about your rights and what to do if you have a complaint (here)
Learn more about how we include the Voice of Lived Experience here: