"Peer support has literally saved my life and has given me new hope for the future.
I still see my regular doctors and therapist, but it is my peers who were there for me
in my darkest hours (usually at about 3 a.m.).
The love and compassion I received is priceless."
Peer support is people who have had similar experiences giving each other encouragement, hope, assistance, and understanding that aids in recovery.
Building bridges to recovery
A Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) is someone who has lived experience with mental health challenges, substance use disorders, or both, is now in stable recovery, and is trained to help others on their own journey to recovery.
A CPS can…
- Meet with you individually for support and help you develop career, recovery, health, or financial goals.
- Provide support to communicate effectively with your service providers.
- Connect you to community resources
- Share their own experience, strength, and hope
To talk to a Certified Peer Specialist, please call 703-207-7769.
Certified Peer Specialists are available to meet one-on-one at these CSB locations:
- Gartlan Center – 703-360-6910
- Merrifield Center – 703-207-7769
- Northwest Center (Reston) – 703-481-4100