Recovery centers are places where people in recovery from mental health challenges and substance abuse can find hope, healing and the tools they need to reach their goals. Peer Recovery Specialists (PRSs) and volunteers provide an environment where peers can:
- Encourage one another toward independence in housing, education, and jobs.
- Connect with and find hope and inspiration from others in recovery.
- Share hobbies, skills and talents.
- Discover community resources, network and build self-confidence.
- Enjoy social activities in a casual environment full of people who have traveled similar paths.
Check out one of these recovery centers today!
- Heritage Center, East Building
- 7611 Little River Turnpike, Suite 100, Annandale, VA 22003
- Open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bottom floor, look for CWC signs.
- 6295 Edsall Road, Suite 260, Alexandria, VA 22312
- Open Thursday, 5 to 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Computer classes, support groups, employment assistance, seminars, workshops & more!
- Executive Director: Heather Peck
- 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Suite 1-105, Fairfax VA 22031
- Open Mondays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Assistance with wellness education, peer support and finding resources.
- 1850 Cameron Glen Drive, Suite 200, Reston, VA 20190
- Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Call for information on recovery groups and activities.
- 8794-S Sacramento Drive, Alexandria, VA 22309
- Open Monday and Friday 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Serves Route 1 corridor, Eleanor Kennedy Shelter and homeless; provides mental health and substance use disorder groups, meals, laundry, shower and other resources.
For more information or questions, please contact:
President Recovery Program Solutions of Virginia
BA, CPRS, WRAP Facilitator