On Friday, October 8, a Community Vaccination Center (CVC) (a large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic) will reopen in Fairfax County. This site is being re-established to increase the number of high-throughput locations administering the COVID-19 vaccine across Virginia.
The location is in the former Lord & Taylor store at Tysons, 7950 Tysons Corner Center, in Tysons Corner.
This location will offer:
- First and second doses of both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
- Booster doses of Pfizer vaccine to individuals seeking the Pfizer booster if 6 months have passed since their last Pfizer dose and they are eligible to receive vaccine.
- An additional dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines for individuals who are immunocompromised.
The Fairfax CVC is organized by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) in cooperation with the Fairfax County Health Department and the Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management. The site will be operated by Ashbritt/IEM, under contract with VDH.
CVC sites are intended to augment opportunities for vaccination, adding another site to those operated by local health departments, pharmacies, healthcare providers and healthcare facilities.
Appointments are encouraged; Walk-ins welcome
To find an appointment, visit vaccinate.virginia.gov or call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682, TTY users call 7-1-1). Assistance is available in English, Spanish, and more than 100 other languages.
Have vaccine questions or need help scheduling? Contact the Fairfax County COVID Help Center at 703-324-7404. Find up to date COVID-19 Vaccine information in Fairfax County.
More to know about visiting the CVC
- Individuals seeking a booster of the Pfizer vaccine or an additional dose of either vaccine, are asked to bring their vaccination card to show dates of the previous dose(s).
- Get more information about vaccination eligibility and additional dose(s).
Information for Members of the Media
Members of the media are not allowed inside the CVC when patients are present. Media may be allowed inside during press events or tours before or after hours and must be escorted by a PIO or other approved staff member. Arrangements must be made 24 hours ahead of time with the LHD PIO. No exceptions will be made.
Members of the media may respectfully approach attendees outside of the facility and talk to them if they provide consent. Media members who do not comply may be asked to leave the site.
The media are invited to tour the Tysons CVC on Thursday, October 7, from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Use the mall entrance on the first floor.