DMV now offers two types of outreach to Virginia residents: DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit and DMV Connect. DMV outreach services are periodically scheduled at the Government Center and other places around the area. To see a complete schedule, visit the DMV's Web page.
DMV's Mobile Operations Schedule at the Government Center
During scheduled visits to the Government Center, the DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit will be in the parking lot; DMV Connect will be inside the building.
Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- July 28 & 29, 2021 - DMV Connect (South Atrium) - By Appointment Only
DMV 2 Go offers all DMV services, including:
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals and transcripts
- Apply for or renew your ID card - available for adults and children
- Apply for or renew your driver's license - take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges
- Apply for REAL ID compliant driver's licenses and IDs
- Get a copy of your driving record
- Order disabled parking placards or plates
- Update DMV records, as well as your voter registration record, with address change, etc.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account
- Get a copy of your Virginia birth certificate
- Obtain an "E-ZPass On-The-Go" or "E-ZPass Flex" transponder
DMV Connect offers limited DMV services, including:
- ID cards - Virginia state IDs, veterans' IDs, child IDs
- Driver's licenses
- Disabled parking placards
- Vehicle title and registrations
Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration Services
This is also a convenient opportunity for residents to visit the Department of Tax Administration in Suite 223 to take care of transactions, including those below.