DMV now offers two types of outreach to Virginia residents-- DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit and DMV Connect. DMV outreach services are scheduled most months at the Government Center and are also offered periodically at other places around the area. To see a complete schedule, visit the DMV's Web page.
DMV's Mobile Operations Schedule at the Government Center
During scheduled visits to the Government Center, the DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit will be in the parking lot; DMV Connect will be at the Department of Tax Administration's main cashiering counter (Suite 223).
Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- July 31, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
- August 31, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
- September 28, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
- October 5, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
- October 31, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
- November 30, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
- December 28, 2018 - DMV 2 Go
DMV 2 Go offers all DMV services, including:
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals and transcripts
- Apply for or renew your ID card - available for adults and children
- Apply for or renew your driver's license - take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges
- Get a copy of your driving record
- Order disabled parking placards or plates
- Update DMV records, as well as your voter registration record, with address change, etc.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account
- Get a copy of your Virginia birth certificate
- Obtain an "E-ZPass On-The-Go" or "E-ZPass Flex" transponder
DMV Connect offers limited DMV services, including:
- ID cards - Virginia state IDs, veterans' IDs, child IDs
- Driver's licenses
- Disabled parking placards
- Vehicle title and registrations
Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration Services
This is also a convenient opportunity for residents to visit the Department of Tax Administration in Suite 223 to take care of transactions, including those below.