For Immediate Release
April 20, 2021
Active Fairfax Community Conversations Winding Down - Join us and bring your ideas!
Don't miss your chance to join FCDOT staff and members of your community for a virtual community conversation about the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan. Learn about the plan and tell us how you travel and access destinations by biking, walking, rolling (scooter/wheelchair/stroller), hiking, running and riding in and around your local community. We want to hear from you!
Join Online or View Meeting Recording
Join by Phone
|Braddock||Mon., April 26||7 p.m.||Join Online||Access Code:129 953 8791|
|Dranesville||Tues., April 20||7 p.m.||Join Online||Access Code:129 054 9566|
|Mount Vernon||Thurs., April 22||6:30 p.m.||Join Online||Access Code:129 319 2001|
|Providence||Wed., April 28||7 p.m.||Join Online||Access Code:129 726 6220|
|Springfield||Tues., April 27||7 p.m.||Join Online||Access Code:129 278 6297|
|Sully||Wed., April 21||7 p.m.||Join Online||Access Code:129 448 7786|
|Lunch & Learn||Fri., April 23||12 p.m.||Join Online||
Access Code:129 886 8388
Your Voice Matters! Survey and Feedback Period Extended Until May 15, 2021
- Take the survey: Help us understand how you currently use active transportation - for fun or to get to a destination – and share your ideas on the future of active transportation in Fairfax County.
- Map your ideas: Add information into two interactive maps on walking and biking destinations, barriers to active travel, and missing links in the active transportation network.
- Share your thoughts: We'd love to hear from you! Send the Active Transportation Team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 877-5600, TTY 711, to share your ideas or to ask questions.
About the Active Fairfax Transportation Plan
Fairfax County is continuing its efforts to prioritize transportation for all with its launch of the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan. Active transportation is self-propelled, human-powered travel including activities such as walking, biking, rolling (scooter/wheelchair/stroller), hiking, running and riding.
Through collaboration with partners across the region, the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan will:
- provide an engagement effort that provides a wide variety of outreach tools and activities that aim to ensure all County residents’ mobility concerns, needs, and desires are understood and considered;
- develop a vision to help shape the future of active transportation in Fairfax County;
- consolidate previous active transportation planning efforts into one cohesive document that is easy-to-digest and track performance;
- encourage livable street design through the development of tools and products that ensures our transportation network connects people to where they live, work, play, learn and take transit;
- support access to safe, comfortable and connected active transportation facilities (such as shared-use paths, bike lanes and sidewalks) for people of all ages, incomes and abilities;
- provide clear direction to improve safety for our most vulnerable transportation users; and
- begin the planning process to update the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan.