For Immediate Release
April 20, 2020
Beginning May 4, Fairfax Connector bus service at the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride will be relocated to temporary stops on Sunrise Valley Drive. The relocation of service is due to necessary construction on the bus loop. Improvements are needed to prepare for bus and rail service, as this location will convert to the Herndon Metrorail Station when Phase 2 of the Silver Line is completed. Fairfax County thanks customers for their patience during construction.
Things to Know During Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride Construction
- Buses will not serve the current Herndon-Monroe Bus Loop from May 4 - June 2020, due to construction.
- All buses (Eastbound and Westbound) will be relocated to temporary stops on Sunrise Valley Drive in front of the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride. Routes operating to and from the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride are: 551, 937, 950, 951, 952, 980, 981, 983
- The current parking garage will remain open and the garage currently under construction will reopen in September. Parking is FREE.
- BusTracker estimated arrival times may be affected and passengers should expect delays.
- The Connector Store at this location will be closed for the duration of the construction.
Stay Connected and Informed
- Sign-up for email or text updates via Fairfax Alerts by selecting Fairfax Connector, Bike/Walk, and News and Information
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com and www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation to stay informed with the latest news and information.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact Fairfax Connector by email at Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608