Project News and Updates
Community Meeting Set for April 23; Comments Due May 11, 2018
Mason District Supervisor Penelope A. Gross and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) have scheduled a community meeting for the Sleepy Hollow Road Walkway Project on Monday, April 23, 2018, at 7:30 p.m., in the Mason District Office Large Community Room, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale. This project will upgrade pedestrian facilities adjacent to Sleepy Hollow Road between Bay Tree Lane and Castle Place.
The following graphics illustrate the proposed alignment of the walkway:
- Board 1 - Bay Tree Lane to Tansey Drive
- Board 2 - Kennedy Lane to Kerns Drive
- Board 3 - Marlo Drive to Carolyn Drive
- Board 4 - Carolyn Drive to Aspen Lane
- Board 5 - Aspen Lane to Castle Place
Owners of potentially affected properties and other interested parties are invited to review project information and submit comments via the feedback form on this page; by writing FCDOT at 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400; Fairfax, VA 22033; or by calling 703-877-5600. Public comments are due by the close of business, May 11.
Please use the online submission form on this page or call FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY711, with any questions.
The new pedestrian facility will include the following:
- A 3,900 ft. concrete sidewalk along the Westside of Sleepy Hollow Road between Marlo Drive and Aspen Lane.
- A 500 ft. concrete sidewalk along the Eastside of Sleepy Hollow Road, north of Valley Brook Drive.
- Several pedestrian crossing points of Sleepy Hollow Road will also be upgraded by the project including at Bay Tree Lane, Dearborn Drive, Kennedy Lane, Kerns Road and Castle Place.
- Other infrastructure improvements related to the project include curb & gutter, curb ramps, driveway entrances, retaining walls, drainage improvements, roadway and signing modifications.
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format or would like to request reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.