Project News and Updates
Project Background and Resources
The Reston Network Analysis was conducted to evaluate the conceptual grids of streets and road elements as recommended in the Reston Comprehensive Plan in the areas surrounding each of the three planned and existing Reston Metrorail Stations (Wiehle-Reston East, Reston Town Center, and Herndon). The objective of the study was to determine the improvements necessary to achieve Level of Service E or better, while maintaining a walkable grid of streets.
The end result is a network of streets in the station areas that are cost effective; require the minimum right-of-way with the least negative impacts to adjacent properties and the environment; and take into consideration the provisions of the Reston Phase I Master Plan. These improvements will mitigate problem locations in the three Transit Station Areas (TSA's).
The Reston Network Analysis began in February 2016 and most of the analytical work was completed by early 2017. A group of citizens and business representatives, the Reston Network Advisory Group, was established to guide the study and to provide input into potential strategies for a long-term funding plan for all the transportation improvement needed for Reston. Ten stakeholder meetings and four public meetings were held over the course of the study. Materials presented al all the meetings are listed below. The Reston Network Analysis Final Report was completed in March 2018.
Community Meeting Presentations and Updates
- Reston Transportation Service District Informational Meetings - March 21 and March 29, 2017
- Reston Transportation Funding Plan: Recommendations - February 23, 2017
- Reston Transportation Funding Plan: Recommendations - January 19, 2017
- Reston Network Analysis Community Meeting: 2050 Results and Funding Plan - November 7, 2016
- Reston Transportation Funding Plan: Community Meeting - November 7, 2016
- Reston Funding Plan Community Meeting - June 27, 2016
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Update: Community Meeting - May 18, 2016
- What is the Network Analysis? Final Display Boards
- Reston Network Analysis Community Kick-Off Presentation - February 1, 2016
Advisory Group Meetings
- Final Reston Network Analysis Advisory Group meeting - May 22, 2017
- Reston Network Analysis: 2030 Results and Roadway Classifications - March 2017
- Final Reston Network Analysis Community Meeting - April 24, 2017
- Meeting Materials:
Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Reston Network Analysis Stakeholders Group Meeting - March 17, 2017