My primary role as your Supervisor is to help your government work for you. As part of that effort, I work to keep you regularly informed about County Government and the work of my office.
The Braddock Beacon is my monthly newsletter, which provides a comprehensive overview and a preview of upcoming events. The Walkinshaw Advisory is my weekly newsletter with more time sensitive notices and events.
Braddock Beacon (sent 1st Friday of the month)
Remaining 2023 Schedule: July 7, August 4, September 1, October 6, November 3, December 1.
The Walkinshaw Advisory (sent weekly on Thursday)
- June 8, 2023: Class of 2023, 6/10 Shredding Event @ LBSS, & Volunteer at the Braddock Summer Entertainment Series
- May 25, 2023: Thank you for coming to Braddock Bark, Memorial Day, & Remembering Norma Heck
- May 18, 2023: Braddock Bark this Sunday, GMU Graduation Traffic Impacts, & Recognizing Spartan Women's Wrestling
- May 11, 2023: Budget Adopted, Federal Public Health Emergency Ends, & Braddock Bark Festival Next Week
- April 27, 2023: Board Receives Lake Accotink Update, Historic Police Academy Class, & Braddock Bark Volunteers Needed
- April 20, 2023: VDOT Paving Meeting Tonight, Burke Farmer's Market Opening, & Earth Day
- April 13, 2023: Braddock Bark Coming Up & Free Youth Bus Fares
- March 30, 2023: Child Abuse Prevention Month, Lake Accotink Pedestrian Bridge Update & Lake Accotink Dam Maintenance Progress
- March 23, 2023: Swimming Pool Stakeholder Meeting, Burke Centre Library Spring Book Sale & Dark Hour this Weekend
- March 16, 2023: Citizen of the Month Nominations, Budget Town Hall Recap & Public Hearing Information
- March 9, 2023: Braddock Budget Town Hall, Board of Education's Public Hearings & Lake Accotink Dam Maintenance
- February 23, 2023: County Budget, Tax Assessments & Annandale Community Center Opening
- February 15, 2023: Lake Accotink Meeting Tonight, And the Path Forward
- February 9, 2023: The Future of Lake Accotink
- January 26, 2023: Lake Accotink Dredging, Dog Licenses Due 1/31 & Plastic Bag Fee Revenue
- January 19, 2023: Military Spouse Tax Relief, Lunar New Year Celebration & FCPS Strategic Plan
- January 12, 2023: Stuff the Bus, MLK Jr. Day & Legislative Session
View Archived Publications from Former Supervisors Sharon Bulova and John Cook