The Merrifield Peer Resource Center (PRC) at the CSB's Merrifield Center is a living example of Hope, Recovery, and Wellness.
The Center is a free resource for adults recovering from with mental health, addiction, and co-occurring disorders. Certified Peer Specialists (CPSs) and volunteers share their lived experiences with similar challenges in an open, nonjudgmental atmosphere of support and encouragement through:
- Individual peer support (available in English and American Sign Language). CPSs are ready to help you:
- Create job-winning resumes, cover letters, and provide individual employment support
- Apply food stamps, general relief, SSI/SSDI
- Navigate the CSB service system online
- Develop advance directives, which allow you to plan for health care decisions – mental and physical – when you are unable to make those decisions for yourself
- Find housing, communicate with health providers, and recommend helpful community resources
- Group peer support is available through:
- Tranquil Voices – general peer support group open to all
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP)
- “Conversations at 2” – women's peer support group
- DBSA – Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance group
- Meditation and mindfulness classes
- Honestidad y Recuperación – Spanish-speaking support group
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings
- Creative Arts group
Additional services include:
- Computer/internet access
- Online, self-paced training on Microsoft Office programs
- Assistance applying for reduced fare cards for Metro
- Help with debt management and accessing credit reports
- Social activities, camaraderie and fun!
Check out the Center’s calendar of activities.
Stop by the Center today and connect with others through groups, activities, and one-on-one peer support.