Diversion and Jail-Based Services are provided for youth and adults who have problems related to mental health, substance use and/or developmental disability, and have come into contact with the juvenile or criminal justice system.
Services provided by CSB staff deployed to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center include:
- Behavioral health intervention
- Psychiatric services
- Pre-release case management
- Group counseling
- Medication Assisted Treatment for substance use disorder
- Training on how to administer naloxone to reverse opioid overdose
- Addiction Treatment and Recovery Program
Services provided by CSB staff deployed to the Juvenile Detention Center, and various Juvenile & Domestic Relations Domestic Court programs include:
- Court-ordered assessments
- Clinical interventions
- Diversion services
The Diversion teams work with individuals prior to arrest, from the magistrates, with probation and pre-trial services, or from the courts. They provide intensive treatment and support to enhance the individual’s existing resources, link to ongoing supports, and help them attain their goals of community living without further justice involvement.