A person’s whole health – physical and mental – is key to their overall wellness.
CSB Medical Services staff (psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians' assistants, nurses and other medical professionals) throughout the CSB provide:
- Psychiatric/diagnostic evaluations
- Medication management
- Physical exams/primary health care and coordination with other medical providers
- Psychiatric hospital preadmission medical screenings
- Crisis stabilization
- Risk assessments
- Residential detoxification
- Outpatient medication-assisted treatment
- Intensive community/homeless outreach
- Jail-based forensic services
- Response to public health issues and infectious diseases
- Links to resources for prescription medications
Often people with mental illness, substance use disorders and developmental disabilities lack access to primary medical and dental care. CSB partners with several other healthcare providers to offer primary and behavioral health services at CSB clinical sites.