Did You Know?
Fathers, like mothers, play a significant role in their children’s psychological and emotional development. When fathers are actively involved, children are less likely to experience:
- Mental illness
- Juvenile delinquency
- Youth sexual activity
- Teenage pregnancy
- Substance use
- Childhood poverty
- High school drop out
- Fathers are irreplaceable in the lives of their children
- There is a direct link between positive father involvement and child well-being
- Fathers contribute to their children’s safety and stability.
Do You Want to Improve Your Parenting and Fathering Skills?
Our Father Engagement Unit sponsors the services and activities below to enhance fathers’ parenting and fathering skills, and to promote and celebrate the importance of fathers in Fairfax County.
Enroll in a FREE Dads Parenting Group by completing this form. (For Fathers Only)
Pre-registration is required. For information or to register call Bennie Herron at 703-324-7308, TTY 711; Champana Bernard at 703-324-3611, TTY 711; or Kimberly Torres (Spanish) at 703-324-3064.
12 Sessions and One Orientation Meeting - Free for all participants!
- 24/7 Dad™ parenting group
- Access to Fairfax County resources
- Access to father-child friendly community activities
Characteristics of a 24/7 DadTM
- Self awareness
- Caring for self
- Fathering skills
- Parenting skills
- Relationship skills
Volunteer to help teach the Dads parenting classes!