Fairfax County Clerk's Office
The Fairfax County Clerk's Office can assist with Fairfax County, Town of Herndon, and Town of Vienna cases.
The Clerk's Office is open from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M., Monday through Friday. It is located at 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA, 22030.
- Email: The Clerk's Office answers email during normal business hours. You can email us at GDCMail@fairfaxcounty.gov. We can answer questions regarding your case, but please keep in mind that we cannot provide legal advice. Please include as much of the following information as you can for us to be able to assist you:
- Full name as set forth on your court documents, ticket, etc.
- Case number associated with your case
- We also accept filing of certain documents via email. For more information, see our Email Policy page.
Office phone hours are from 8 A.M. to 3:30 P.M., Monday through Friday. The numbers to call are:
- Civil & Small Claims: 703-246-3012
- Criminal: 703-246-3305
- Traffic: 703-246-2815
- Other Questions / Automated Information / Pay By Phone: 703-246-3764
- Inclement Weather / Closing Announcements: 703-246-2377
Fairfax County General District Court judges also hear cases in the Town of Herndon and the Town of Vienna. Only traffic and criminal misdemeanors and infractions are heard at these courthouses.
The Town of Vienna and Town of Herndon courthouses are staffed by clerks from the Fairfax County Courthouse. All questions, payments, and filings are handled by the same office and phone numbers as County cases.
The addresses for the Town Courts are:
- Town of Vienna: 127 Center Street S., Vienna, VA, 22180
- Town of Herndon: 765 Lynn Street, Herndon, VA, 22070
City of Fairfax Court
The City of Fairfax Court has its own clerical staff, and handles its own payments and filings. Judges from the Fairfax County General District Court visit the City of Fairfax Courthouse to hear cases.
- City of Fairfax Courthouse: 10455 Armstrong Street, Room 1, Fairfax, VA, 22030
- City of Fairfax Phone: 703-385-7866
- Clerk's Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Website: City of Fairfax General District Court