The General District Court strives to ensure equal access to justice for all parties having matters before the court. Interpreters for speech or hearing impaired persons and non-English speaking individuals will be provided by the court.
The court has some interpreters available on a regular basis without advance notice, but in other cases an interpreter needs to be scheduled in advance.
Criminal and Traffic Dockets
- Spanish interpreters are available daily for morning and afternoon dockets.
- Korean and Vietnamese interpreters are available for the 9:30 AM Criminal and Traffic dockets.
- All other languages will be scheduled with advance notice to either the Criminal or Traffic division, as appropriate, or to the Court Services division at 703-246-7530.
- Please note that most requests need to be filed 2 business days in advance to be filled. ASL interpreters must be requested 2 weeks in advance.
Civil and Small Claims Dockets
- Spanish interpreters must be requested in advance. Requests are submitted to the Spanish Interpreter's Office in Room 203 of the Courthouse.
- All other languages must be requested in advance. Requests are submitted to the Court Services division in Room 203, with a copy to the Civil Division.