Note: Some information on this page may require you to copy and paste the link in your browser.
Resources for Families
24/7 Emergency numbers
- Dial 911 in a life-threatening emergency.
- PRS CrisisLink hotline and text line – 703-527-4077 or text CONNECT to 855-11
- Dominion Hospital Emergency – 703-536-2000
- Inova Emergency – 703-289-7560
- Children's Regional Crisis Response mobile crisis unit – 1-844-627-4747
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK, 1-800-SUICIDE
- CSB Emergency Services at the Merrifield Center – 703-573-5679
Behavioral Health Directory: This directory includes information on behavioral health care providers who are currently operating and accepting new clients.
- Assistance from a Distance – Help for Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and/or Developmental Disabilities During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FCPS is now publishing daily updates for the FCPS community, highlighting things you need to know such as updates on the FCPS digital learning plan, major county and state announcements, and news articles.
- FCPS Mental Health Resources
- Coronavirus Update – Mental Health and Community Resources
- FCPS 2020 Mental Wellness Consultation Service – Any FCPS parent may schedule a 30-minute phone consultation with a school psychologist or school social worker, for either themselves or their middle or high school student. Get more information or request a consultation.
- NAMI Northern Virginia offers support for individuals affected by mental health conditions through support, education, and advocacy.
- Online NAMI Virginia Family Support Group for Parents of Children 17 and under: Support group being offered via Zoom on the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 7 to 8:30 p.m.; email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- NAMI COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide
- NAMI Northern Virginia COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Coronavirus: Mental Health Coping Strategies
- How to Ease Children's Anxiety about COVID-19
- Formed Families Forward is a nonprofit organization that supports foster, kinship and adoptive families of children and youth with disabilities and other special needs. They offer parent/caregiver support groups that meet virtually at 7:15 p.m. on Tuesdays; sign up to attend.
- COVID-19 Resources and Information
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline – 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text "TalkWithUs" to 667-46 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- The National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder at the United States Department of Veterans Affairs has published three resources for managing stress associated with the COVID-19. The resources are designed for providers, community leaders, healthcare workers, and the general public. Read more.
Alcoholics Anonymous Northern Virginia Intergroup
- The Northern Virginia Intergroup website has a listing of online virtual meetings: https://nvintergroup.org
- Click the "Find Virtual Meeting" button and a list of scheduled Virtual Meetings will be displayed.
- For non-local Virtual Meetings, go to http://www.247aaonline.com/
Resources for Behavioral Health Professionals
- Provider Directory: This directory includes information on behavioral health care providers who are currently operating and accepting new clients. To provide updates for the directory, please email DFSHealthyMinds@fairfaxcounty.gov.
- Coordinated Services Planning: Fairfax County’s Coordinated Services Planning provides access and referrals to both government and community-based resources for Fairfax County residents in need. People facing difficulties – including food, shelter, employment, financial assistance, health care, cell phone and wireless access, and other needs – can call 703-222-0880 for assistance. CSP provides services in multiple languages, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Promoting Behavioral Health Team: This (usually) weekly email includes information on trainings, webinars, news, reports, best practices, grant opportunities, and many more resources. To subscribe, email email@example.com.
- Trauma-Informed Community Network: The Fairfax County Trauma Informed Community Network provides training, tools, self-care supports, and other resources to support providers in implementing trauma-informed services. The TICN page includes COVID-19-specific resources.
- Telehealth Guidance: The federal government has released multiple guidance and informational documents for providers; the SAMHSA COVID-19 page lists those related to behavioral health, and includes a regularly updated list of training and technical assistance resources. Visit the Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center for additional resources.
- Additional Resources: The Fairfax County COVID-19 page includes information on the local health situation, County and schools services, resources for small businesses (including how to access financial resources), and more.