The Fairfax County Police Department Honor Guard proudly represents Fairfax County and the police department at public events throughout the county and the region. Membership requires dedication, commitment and sacrifice. Each member must maintain an immaculate uniform at all times and stay in excellent physical condition. In addition to the Color Guard, our team has members whose talents include voice, bugle and bagpipe. We participate in an average of 100 assignments every year.
We practice, drill and polish with one goal in mind: honor. The team is most often called upon to present the colors at meetings large and small and we consider it an honor to treat our country’s flag with the respect and dignity it deserves.
Our most solemn duty is to show honor and respect to fallen officers. We polish the badges on their uniforms and stand vigil over their caskets. We serve as pall bearers and fold the flag for presentation to the family. We play taps and fire a gun salute at the cemetery.
Each team member is assigned to duties throughout the department, including patrol, investigations, traffic division, supervisory and command staff. We practice our hallmark precision drills on a monthly basis and spend additional hours maintaining spotless uniforms and putting a gleaming shine on badges, buttons, belts and shoes. Our service with the honor guard is a voluntary labor of love and respect for our department, our community and our nation.
- Contact the Honor Guard to schedule an appearance at 703-449-7289 or send an email to FCPDHonorGuard@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Advance notice of two weeks is required
- There is no fee for Honor Guard services to Fairfax County residents.
- Fairfax County Police Department Fallen Officer Memorial Service
- National Law Enforcement Memorial Police Week Activities
- Professional Sporting Events
- Local Community Events
- Valor Awards