For Immediate Release
June 15, 2021
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will host an online community meeting on preliminary roadway design, Wed., June 30 at 6:30 p.m. The project team will share information about the design and give other project updates, including the process for right-of-way acquisition. This meeting will be recorded for later viewing, and a Spanish recording will be available on the website on June 30.
FCDOT is seeking community input on the preliminary design for the Richmond Highway Bus Rapid Transit system. Through July 9, the community is invited to review the current preliminary design and give feedback. Community input will be compiled and shared with the County Board of Supervisors as part of their review of the Preliminary Design this summer.
This is not a final design. Following Board endorsement, FCDOT and the design team will continue refining the design, adding additional details and reducing potential property impacts, where possible. FCDOT is accepting comments on the preliminary design through July 9.
The Richmond Highway BRT project is funded in part by the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority.
Join the Meeting and View the Preliminary Roadway Design
At the online community meeting on design, Wed., June 30 at 6:30 p.m., the project team will share information about the design and give other project updates, including the process for right-of-way acquisition. This meeting will be recorded for later viewing, and a Spanish recording will be available on the website on June 30.
- Join the meeting online
- Join the meeting by phone: 1-844-621-3956; Access Code: 173 872 2986
Review the Preliminary Design in Two Ways
- Visit the interactive map, where you can search for a specific address.
- Download roll plans for specific segments of the roadway (listed from the southern end of the corridor, at Fort Belvoir, to the northern end, at Huntington Metrorail Station):
- Map 1: Fort Belvoir Station, Woodlawn Station (Belvoir Road to Woodlawn Shopping Center).
- Map 2: South County Station (Woodlawn Shopping Center to Roxbury Drive).
- Map 3: Gum Springs Station, Hybla Valley Station (Central Avenue to Arlington Drive).
- Map 4: Lockheed Station, Beacon Hill Station (Camelia Drive to S. Kings Highway).
- Map 5: Penn Daw Station, Huntington Station (S. Kings Highway to Quander Road and S. Kings Highway to Huntington Station).
Tell us What You Think! Here are Ways to Submit Comments.
- Complete a brief survey:
- Send comments via email to email@example.com
- Submit written comments to: Fairfax County Department of Transportation, Richmond Highway BRT Project Manager, 4050 Legato Road, Fairfax, VA 22033.
- Come to the virtual meeting on June 30 at 6:30 p.m. and ask questions and share your comments