For Immediate Release
September 11, 2019
Beginning September 23 through December 2019, Fairfax Connector bus service at the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride will be relocated to temporary stops on Sunrise Valley Drive. The relocation of service is due to necessary construction on the bus loop. Improvements are needed to prepare for bus and rail service, as this location will convert to the Herndon Metrorail Station when Phase 2 of the Silver Line is completed in 2020. Fairfax County thanks our customers for their patience during construction.
Things to Know for Your Commute at Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride During Construction
- Buses will not serve the current Herndon-Monroe Bus Loop from September 23-December 2019 due to construction.
- All buses (Eastbound and Westbound) will be relocated to temporary stops on Sunrise Valley Drive in front of the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride. Routes operating to and from the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride are: 551, 924, 926, 927, 929, 937, 950, 951, 952, 980, 981, 983
- During construction bus routes serving the park and ride will operate on detours. Routes 927 and 937 will not serve the stop (Bus Stop ID 3541), at Sunrise Valley Dr. and Millburn Ln
- The current parking garage will remain open and the garage currently under construction will reopen in September. Parking is FREE.
- BusTracker estimated arrival times may be affected and passengers should expect delays.
Stay Connected and Informed
- Sign-up for email or text updates via Fairfax Alerts by selecting Fairfax Connector, Bike/Walk, and News and Information
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com and www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation to stay informed with the latest news and information.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact Fairfax Connector by email at Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608