Project News and Updates
Public Meeting Held Oct. 3; Comments Due Oct. 26, 2018
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) held a public meeting regarding the North Beauregard Street/North Chambliss Street Intersection Project on Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018, 7 p.m., in the cafeteria of Holmes Middle School, 6525 Montrose Street, Alexandria. The meeting began with an open house to give attendees time to review project information, followed by a formal presentation and time for questions and answers with FCDOT staff.
- Public Information Meeting Flyer - October 3, 2018
- North Beauregard Street and North Chambliss Street Intersection Public Information Meeting Presentation - October 3, 2018
- Presentation Board #1
- Presentation Board #2
- Presentation Board #3
- Presentation Board #4
- North Beauregard Street at North Chambliss Street Intersection Improvements Final Report - November 21, 2017
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.
In 2011, the Mason District Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) 133 Task Force, along with FCDOT staff, developed the proposed project concepts. The task force recommended this project be added to FCDOT’s spot improvement program’s priority list. Work includes removing the right turn lane onto Shackelford Terrace, as well as southbound North Chambliss Street, which merges onto North Beauregard Street. The median will be widened toward the west. A third lane will be added to the southbound North Chambliss Street at the intersection and to the southbound receiving lane on North Beauregard Street.
Project Status: Completed Preliminary Design May 2017
Materials from the June 2017 Public Meeting:
- Beauregard/Chambliss Presentation - June 13, 2017
- Beauregard/Chambliss Draft Report (subject to change based on VDOT and community comments)
- Beauregard/Chambliss Exhibit Board