At the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) Board meeting on September 26, 2018, the Board passed a motion to post proposed changes to its fee related documents for public comment.
The CSB Board’s Ad Hoc Fee Policy Committee met on July 25, August 22, and September 12, 2018. At the final meeting, the committee members endorsed the proposed revisions and the request to forward the fee related documents to the CSB Board for approval to post for public review and comment.
The recommended changes include:
- Synchronization of the Ability to Pay Scale income levels with Federal Poverty income guidelines released each January.
- Cost-based rate changes for outpatient, residential, and Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services.
- Updates and clarifying edits to the Fee and Subsidy Related Procedures Regulation 2120.1.
After the public comment period and subsequent to approval by the CSB Board on October 24, the Fee Schedule will be submitted to the Board of Supervisors for review on November 20. Following Board of Supervisors review, staff will inform clients, conduct staff training, and make adjustments in the Electronic Health Record, resulting in an effective date not sooner than February 1, 2019 for both the Fee Schedule and the Ability to Pay Scale. Changes to the Board Policy and Fee Regulation however will become effective in November 2018.
Written comments will be accepted until 5 p.m, October 23, 2018 and should be addressed to: Ad Hoc Fee Policy Committee, Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, 12011 Government Center Parkway, Suite 836, Fairfax, VA 22035-1105, or sent via email to email@example.com. Printed materials are available for review at the same address; if interested, please call 703-324-7000 , TTY 711.
One final opportunity for public comment on the proposed changes will take place during Matters of the Public at the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board meeting on:
Summary of Changes
- Readoption of Board Policy 2120 – Reimbursement for Services
- Draft Ability to Pay Scale – Synchronizes the Ability to Pay Scale income levels with the Federal Poverty Levels published by the federal government every January.
- Draft Fee Schedule – Updates Outpatient, Residential, and Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services fees to maximize Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.
- Draft Fee and Subsidy Related Regulation 2120.1 –
- Delete "if disability based" in Section VII of the regulation. Medicare-enrolled clients will have a 0% liability.
- Delete "Examples include where there is probable cause to believe that no intervention would have resulted in serious physical harm to the individual or others or where the person requesting the civil commitment assessment is no the individual being evaluated" in Section XIII of the regulation.
- Add "when the individual is able, by clinical standards, to provide informed consent" to Section XIII of the regulation.
Contact for news media inquiries: Lucy Caldwell, Communications Director, 703-324-7006 (office), 703-856-5210 (cell).