The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board's Substance Abuse Outreach Monitoring and Engagement (SOME) unit reaches out to individuals with diagnosed substance use disorders who:
- Frequently use detoxification services but do not subsequently engage in treatment services or recovery.
- Are leaving a treatment program against staff advice and need help connecting with community services such as housing, employment or insurance benefits or reconnecting with CSB treatment.
- Are leaving detox and need to connect with ongoing substance abuse services.
- Need a case coordinator for housing services (i.e., Wedgewood, Bridging Affordability).
- Are at risk due to opioid dependence or pregnancy.
- Are Fairfax County residents receiving methadone at the Alexandria Methadone Clinic or receiving suboxone at Fairfax Methadone Treatment Center and need ongoing case management services.
Headquartered at the Merrifield Center, SOME staff members provide outreach, monitoring and engagement services as well as case management and service coordination. SOME also provides REVIVE! training throughout the county to prevent opioid overdose.
To be eligible for SOME services, a person must: (1) be an adult resident of Fairfax County or the cities of Fairfax or Falls Church; (2) meet DSM-V criteria for Substance Use Disorder (SUD), and (3) complete a CSB assessment for services
Know someone you think could benefit from SOME services?
Call and leave a message to find out if the individual is eligible for SOME services or for more information. SOME staff members are available to meet with individuals at these locations:
- Fairfax Detoxification Center
- Alexandria Methadone Clinic
- Fairfax Methadone Treatment Center
- Lamb Center
- Other locations as requested
Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board
Your link to local services for people with mental illness, substance use disorders and developmental disabilities.
For emergencies, the following numbers are answered 24/7, 365 days a year:
- Fairfax Detoxification Center: 703-502-7000, TTY 703-322-9080
- CSB Emergency Services: 703-573-5679, TTY 711
- If immediately life-threatening, call 911.
To learn more about CSB services, during business hours call CSB Entry & Referral, 703-383-8500 (TTY 711).