National Night Out
August 7, 2018
America's Night Out Against Crime
What is National Night Out?
- Annual neighborhood-based crime and drug prevention event
- Opportunity to show neighborhood spirit and strengthen partnerships with local police
- Demonstrates neighborhood commitment to fight crime
- Observed in thousands of communities in all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases around the world
What happens that night?
- Between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. neighbors, friends and families lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside together.
- Special events, anticrime rallies, activities for children.
- Police officers visit with as many neighborhood gatherings as possible.
- View a flyer for the event. Click here.
How can I get involved?
- Get out there and enjoy!
- Offer to help support your neighborhood block party, cookout or other planned event
- Volunteer to organize an event or gathering if none is planned in your neighborhood
- Print and fill out a registration form for your community event. Click here.
Sully District Station Sabrina Ruck Sabrina.email@example.com 703-814-7051 Mount Vernon District Station Bubba Urps firstname.lastname@example.org 703-360-8928 McLean District Station Patrick Lucas email@example.com 703-556-7750 Mason District Station Eddy Azcarate FCPDMasonCPO@fairfaxcounty.gov 703-256-8035 Reston District Station Katy Defoe firstname.lastname@example.org 703-478-0904 Franconia District Station Allie Eggers email@example.com 703-922-0889 West Springfield District Station Michael Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org 703-644-5026 Fair Oaks District Station Richard Twombly email@example.com 703-352-2163
Call or e-mail a crime prevention officer at your district police station for more information about registering a National Night Out 2018 event in your neighborhood.