Do you have a drainage and erosion problem? Are you interested in improving water quality in local watersheds and the Chesapeake Bay? Funding may be available for you to pursue these types of environmental projects at your home, HOA, or place of worship. See details below to see if you qualify for either the Conservation Assistance Program or the Virginia Conservation Assistance Program.
You Qualify for CAP Watershed and Energy Conservation Projects if…
- The civic/homeowner’s association or place of worship is located in Fairfax County (includes Town of Herndon and Town of Vienna).
- Practices will be installed on community or place of worship property.
- The community has approved participation and 75% match funding for watershed projects and 50% for energy projects.
- The community keeps and maintain practices for 10 years after installation. NVSWCD verifies maintenance and provides technical, but not financial assistance for maintenance.
- Native species will be used for all plantings. No new paving will be added
You Qualify for VCAP (Virginia Conservation Assistance Program) Watershed Conservation projects if…
- You are an individual property owner, homeowner’s association, or place of worship in Fairfax County, City of Alexandria, and City of Fairfax.
- You read and understand the timeline and how it differs from CAP here.
- The individual agrees to maintain practices for 10 years after installation. NVSWCD verifies maintenance and provides technical, but not financial assistance for maintenance.
- You are voluntarily installing a stormwater best management practice (BMP) and not as a result of an easement violation or new construction.
- The property is 3 years past the date of when the residential occupancy permit (ROP) has been issued.
Requesting a Site Visit
Ready to Request a Site Visit? Download and complete the form here. Send completed forms to email@example.com. Please do NOT submit partially completed forms. Only forms that are fully complete will be considered for a site visit.
Still have questions?
Learn more about the program that applies to you by selecting the appropriate box below:
Resources for CAP/VCAP Participants and Contractors: