You Qualify for VCAP (Virginia Conservation Assistance Program) Watershed Conservation projects if…
- You are an individual property owner, homeowner’s association, or place of worship in Fairfax County, City of Alexandria, and City of Fairfax.
- You read and understand the timeline and how it differs from CAP (see below).
- The individual agrees to maintain practices for 10 years after installation. NVSWCD verifies maintenance and provides technical, but not financial assistance for maintenance.
- You are voluntarily installing a stormwater best management practice (BMP) and not as a result of an easement violation or new construction.
- The property is 3 years past the date of when the residential occupancy permit (ROP) has been issued.
We highly encourage property owners in the following areas or circumstances to apply to the VCAP program:
- Little Hunting Creek
- Dogue Creek
- Pimmit Run
- Cameron Run
- Pohick Creek
- Accotink Creek
- Hollin Hills
- Pimmit Hills
- Annandale Acres
- City of Fairfax
- City of Alexandria
- Low Income Housing Communities
- Neighbors that are working together to resolve shared drainage and erosion concerns
- Located in an area within their neighborhood that sits at a higher elevation
The projects that we are focused on installing aim to capture and absorb stormwater runoff, directing it into the soil. For a complete list of program practices, please visit the Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts Virginia Conservation Assistance Program webpage.
Unfortunately, we do not fund the following projects at this time:
- French drain systems
- Bulkhead or revetment projects
- Stream restorations
- Landscaping without Virginia native plants
- Urban nutrient management plans
- Dog waste stations
Introduction to VCAP FY21
Requesting a Site Visit
The current site visit request application period is now closed. Once the program is open, site visit applications will be ranked according to program criteria and the 50 highest ranking projects will receive a site visit and be invited to officially apply to the program. To be notified when program begins in summer of 2021, please sign up here. Please direct questions to NVSWCD.
Still have questions?