The site visit request application period for VCAP (private/individual property owners) for fiscal year 2021 is now open and will close on August 19th, 2020 at 5:00pm. If you are an HOA or place of worship located in FAIRFAX COUNTY, site visit applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Fill out a site visit request form here.
You Qualify for VCAP (Virginia Conservation Assistance Program) Watershed Conservation projects if…
- You are an individual property owner, homeowner’s association, or place of worship in Fairfax County, City of Alexandria, and City of Fairfax.
- You read and understand the timeline and how it differs from CAP (see below).
- The individual agrees to maintain practices for 10 years after installation. NVSWCD verifies maintenance and provides technical, but not financial assistance for maintenance.
- You are voluntarily installing a stormwater best management practice (BMP) and not as a result of an easement violation or new construction.
- The property is 3 years past the date of when the residential occupancy permit (ROP) has been issued.
We highly encourage property owners in the following areas or circumstances to apply to the VCAP program:
- Little Hunting Creek
- Dogue Creek
- Pimmit Run
- Cameron Run
- Pohick Creek
- Accotink Creek
- Hollin Hills
- Pimmit Hills
- Annandale Acres
- City of Fairfax
- City of Alexandria
- Low Income Housing Communities
- Neighbors that are working together to resolve shared drainage and erosion concerns
- Located in an area within their neighborhood that sits at a higher elevation
The projects that we are focused on installing aim to capture and absorb stormwater runoff, directing it into the soil. For a complete list of program practices, please visit the Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts Virginia Conservation Assistance Program webpage.
Unfortunately, we do not fund the following projects at this time:
- French drain systems
- Bulkhead or revetment projects
- Stream restorations
- Landscaping without Virginia native plants
- Urban nutrient management plans
- Dog waste stations
Introduction to VCAP FY21
Requesting a Site Visit
The site visit request application period will open on July 1st, 2020 and close at 5:00pm on August 19th, 2020. Site visit applications will be ranked according to program criteria and the 50 highest ranking projects will receive a site visit and be invited to officially apply to the program. Fill out a site visit request form here.
Still have questions?