If you are a property owner in Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, or City of Alexandria, our Conservation Assistance Programs (CAP) may be for you! CAP is an urban cost-share program that provides financial and technical assistance to property owners installing eligible Best Management Practices (BMPs). These practices can be installed in areas of your property where problems like erosion, poor drainage, or poor vegetation occur.
The county also offers a cost-share program for energy efficiency retrofits for HOAs and Places of Worship in Fairfax County.
Learn more about the program that applies to you by selecting the appropriate box below:
Helpful Resources for CAP/VCAP Participants, Contractors, and Landscape Professionals:
- Virginia Conservation Assistance Program webpage on the VASWCD website
- RPA Information
- Homeowner's Rain Garden Handbook
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals
- Plant NOVA Natives
- Virginia Plant Atlas
- Infiltration Test Instructions for Structural Practices
- Fairfax County GIS Mapping Resources
- Rain Garden Sizing Spreadsheet
- Dry Well Sizing Spreadsheet
- Infiltration Trench Sizing Spreadsheet
- Permeable Paving Sizing Spreadsheet
Still have questions?