For Immediate Release
Jan. 3, 2020
Fairfax Connector bus service to and from the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride will return to normal on Monday, Jan. 6, 2020, after the partial completion of the bus loop construction. Fairfax County appreciates the patience of commuters and Fairfax Connector passengers throughout the construction activities at the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride - soon to become the new Herndon Metrorail Station connecting the area to the Metrorail Silver Line extension. Fairfax Connector and Metrobus passengers who make travel connections at Herndon-Monroe will board buses at the bus loop once again starting Jan. 6, instead of the temporary stops along Sunrise Valley Drive used during construction. Fairfax Connector Routes operating to and from the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride are: 551, 924, 926, 927, 929, 937, 950, 951, 952, 980, 981, 983.
- Important Note: Although bus service returns to the bus loop, for the time being, pickup and drop-off locations for ridesharing, including carpooling and slugging will continue on Level 1 of the new garage. The return of ridesharing at the Kiss and Ride, located adjacent to the bus loop, will be announced when it becomes available.
It is anticipated that the Herndon-Monroe bus loop will be closed again in the spring to allow for completion of concrete work. Detailed information on further construction activity will be announced at a later date.
Stay Connected and Informed
Here are ways you can stay engaged with Fairfax Connector:
- Sign-up for email or text updates via Fairfax Alerts by selecting “Fairfax Connector Information”.
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com to stay informed with the latest news and information.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact the project team via Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov