If possible, before coming to the Sharon Bulova Center for Community Health, please call ahead to Emergency Services to see if you are able to be seen via telehealth services – phone or video.
The goal of the engagement, assessment and referral service area is to help people get appropriate treatment that meets their needs, and triage people for safety. People may be referred to CSB services, if appropriate, or to community resources outside the CSB. [Not sure you need to call us? Take one of our quick, confidential online screenings.]
Engagement, Assessment and Referral services include:
- CSB Entry & Referral Call Center (703-383-8500, TTY 711) – This is the starting point for accessing services through the CSB. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish, and language translation services for other languages are available by telephone when needed. [Learn more about the intake process for persons with developmental disability.] Women and girls who are pregnant and intravenous drug users have priority for substance use disorder services. [Learn more about eligibility for CSB services.] The Call Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Walk-in and Engagement Services
- Walk-in Services – Youth and adults can also come in person, without prior appointment, to be screened for services at CSB’s Entry & Referral Services at the Sharon Bulova Center for Community Health, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. [Learn what happens during an assessment.]
- Engagement Center – Offering services to people who are reluctant to enter CSB services but could benefit from medication-assisted treatment (for substance use disorders) and time-limited supportive counseling.
- Assessment Unit – Provides comprehensive screening, assessment, referral and stabilization services for adults who have or believe they may have an addiction to alcohol or drugs, serious mental illness or a co-occurring disorder. Individuals receiving assessments may be referred for further services within the CSB or receive a referral to a private provider.