Often people with mental illness, substance use disorders and developmental disabilities lack access to primary medical and dental care. CSB Medical Services staff (psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians' assistants, nurses and other medical professionals) provide a variety of services throughout the agency, and the CSB partners with several other healthcare providers to offer primary and behavioral health services at CSB clinical sites.
- Fairfax County’s Community Health Care Network (CHCN) operates a full-time primary health clinic for low-income, uninsured individuals at CSB’s Merrifield Center, 4th floor.
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic operates a dental clinic that serves low-income clients. Merrifield Center, 4th floor.
- Inova Behavioral Health also operates from the Merrifield Center, 4th floor.
- Neighborhood Health, a federally qualified health center (FQHC), provides primary healthcare services several days a week at CSB’s Merrifield and Gartlan Centers.
- HealthWorks for Northern Virginia, also an FQHC, serves CSB clients in the Herndon/Reston area.
- Genoa, a QoL HealthCare Company, operates pharmacies at CSB’s Merrifield and Gartlan Centers.
By offering multiple services at one site, we are helping people receive comprehensive and coordinated services for behavioral and primary health care needs.