The Fairfax County Community Health Care Network (CHCN) provides primary health services for low income, uninsured residents of Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church, who cannot afford primary medical care services for themselves and their families.
CHCN services are provided through a partnership of health professionals, physicians, hospitals and local government and provide the kind of medical care offered in a family doctor's office.
When medically necessary, on-site referral specialists are available to help link enrolled patients with specialty care services.
- Minor emergency care
- Care of acute and chronic diseases
- Check-ups, vaccinations, flu shots
- Laboratory services
- Limited x-ray services at some sites and referrals for diagnostic services
- Limited pharmacy assistance
- After-hours consultation
- Limited referrals to participating physicians for specialized care
- Referrals to certain services offered at Health Department district offices and other County and nonprofit organizations
- Limited behavioral health services
- Nutrition services
Family Planning Walk-in Clinic
The Family Planning Walk-In Clinic provides birth control services to people without insurance who live in Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church (proof of address required).
- $25 per visit
- No appointment necessary
- Services provided on first come, first served basis, while space is available
Family Planning Walk-In Clinic Flyer (English and Spanish)
CHCN Locations and Hours of Operation
Monday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Family Planning Walk-in Clinic Hours
Every Monday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
CHCN - North County
CHCN - Merrifield
8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Dr., #450
Fairfax, VA 22031
CHCN - South County
8350 Richmond Highway, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22309
CHCN - North County (Lake Anne)
11484 Washington Plaza West, # 300
Reston, VA 20190
TTY for all sites is 711.
CHCN Enrollment Requirements
You may be eligible for CHCN services if you:
- Live in Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax or the City of Falls Church.
- Do not have access to primary health care.
- Have a family income at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
Due to demand for services that exceeds the clinics’ capacity, CHCN currently has a waitlist. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist, please contact one of the CHCN centers.
Applications are taken in person at CHCN health centers.
Enrollment Checklist Form (English and Spanish)
Documentation Needed for Enrollment
- One full month of current pay stubs for every employed household member or a written record of weekly earnings for anyone who receives cash for day labor work.
- Every employed household member who is 18 years or older must have their employer complete information about health insurance with their job. The Verification of Income and Health Insurance form will be given to you at the interview if you have not yet received it. The Health Insurance Section - Part II must be completed by the employer. Part I can be completed by the employer if you do not have current pay stubs.
- Proof of any unearned income such as unemployment, veterans benefits, pensions, retirement, alimony or child support. Examples include copy of the check, bank statements for direct deposits, award letters or a divorce decree.
- Signed copy of your most recent federal tax return with all schedules for yourself. If you are claimed on another person’s taxes, please bring that tax return.
- Identification for all household members such as:
- Photo identification card.
- School report card or shot records.
- Birth certificate.
- Permanent resident card or passport.
- Proof of 9-month residence in Fairfax County, the city of Fairfax or the city of Falls Church and current address. Please bring one of the following:
- Current lease or mortgage statement.
- Current car registration.
- Current utility bill.
- Other - official letters from any federal, state or county agency.
Note: You also must provide something that shows you have lived in Fairfax County, the city of Fairfax or the City of Falls Church for at least nine months.