- Fairfax County Housing Programs - county’s affordable housing programs
- Privately-Owned Affordable Rental Housing Options
- Accessible Housing - county information on accessible housing for renters and landlords
- NOVA Housing Resource Guide - housing resource guide for people with developmental disabilities
Maintaining Your Home
- Accessibility Grants for Renters, Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) - Landlords are required by law to allow tenants to make their homes accessible, but tenants must often pay the cost. Grants are available through Virginia Housing. Income parameters are subject to change. Accessibility modifications must relate to the tenant’s functional needs.
- Home Repair Program - county program that offers home repairs and accessibility modifications to people with disabilities who have limited financial means
- Visual Smoke Detector Program - For owners who cannot afford a visual detector, they can apply to the Visual Smoke Detector Program. Contact NVRC for the one-page grant form.
Learning About Universal Design and Accessibility in Homes
- Universal Design - learn about universal design and aging in place