Department of Transportation
Travel Options for Everyone
Plan Your Trip from Door-to-Door
Get Your Itinerary from WMATA's Trip Planner
- Metro's Trip Planner provides instant itineraries for trips on Metrorail, Metrobus, Fairfax Connector, and other local bus and rail systems.
- Itineraries provide door-to-door fares and travel times, complete with walking directions and transfers.
**NEW** Get Estimated Arrival Times - in Real-Time - for your Fairfax Connector Bus!
- Fairfax Connector BusTracker uses global positioning system (GPS) technology to provide real-time information on the estimated arrival times and locations of our buses.
- By using your smart phone, tablet or a computer, you will be able to access the scheduled and estimated arrival time (ETA) of your bus.
Road Conditions and Maintenance
To report a road problem:
- Service Changes to Existing Fairfax Connector Routes, Establishment of New Express Service to D.C. Announced
- Fairfax County Recognizes 16 Employers as a Best Workplace for Commuters
- Fairfax Connector Service Advisory for Backlick Bridge Reconstruction Effective Nov. 16
- FCDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Proposed Federal Goal
- Fairfax County Encourages Commuters to Try Transit and Go Car Free
- Virginia Officials Celebrate Completion of U.S. Route 1 Widening
- Construction Underway on Innovation Center Station Parking Garage
- 2017 headlines >
Public Meetings & Public Comment Opportunities
- Georgetown Pike at Dolley Madison Blvd. Pedestrian Path Project Meeting Set for Dec. 6
- Braddock Road Study Workshops Set for Fall 2017
- Springfield Commuter Parking Garage Public Meeting Held Nov. 8
- Backlick Road Walkway Community Meeting Held Nov. 9
Transportation Projects and Planning
- Fairfax County Transportation Status Report & Interactive Map
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Metrorail Silver Line
- Fairfax Connector Bus Service
- Transportation Boards and Commissions
Residential Traffic Management and Parking
Residential Traffic Administration
- Traffic Calming, Through Truck Restrictions and other issues
- Community Parking Districts (CPD), Residential Permit Parking Districts (RPPD), Commercial Vehicle parking in residential areas and general parking restrictions
- Vehicle Registration
- Traffic Safety and Vehicle Complaints
- FCDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal
- Transportation FAQs