Join Mount Vernon District Supervisor Dan Storck for a community bike ride on Saturday October 19, 2019, at 8:30 am, starting and ending at the Workhouse Arts Center.
Final route is still being finalized, but….
Route Highlights: Some great places to visit or take Instagram photos. #TdMV2019
- Fort Belvoir – riding 5 miles on base!!
- Workhouse Arts Center
- Occoquan Regional Park
- Gunston Hall
- Pohick Bay Regional Park
The Tour de Mount Vernon will bring cyclists on a fun ride through the south western portion of the Mount Vernon District and on a scenic route through Fort Belvoir. The ride will start at the Workhouse Arts Center. The route is mostly paved roads with a few parts on paved trails and several challenging sections. There will be ride monitors and Fairfax County Police on hand for safety. So, grab your bike and your friends and come join us for a fun and informative day of outdoor fun.
- Fee is $25.00 per rider.
- We require a first name and last name for each ticket.
- Event is rain or shine, see policies below.
- Registration includes Tour de Mount Vernon Socks and a $5 donation to Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling.
- Full SAG support offered by Spokes, Etc
Volunteers are needed the day before and day of the ride! Log on to sign up here:
If you plan to volunteer you do not need to complete a registration via Eventbrite.
- NO REFUNDS due to event cancellation or if the purchaser cannot attend the event. Event is rain or shine.
- NO TRANSFERS of registration to other riders
- Children 15 and older welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. Experienced riders only, please.
- Helmets are required for the ride, no exceptions
- You'll be required to sign a liability waiver on the day of the ride.
Agenda on Ride Day:
- 7:45–8:30am Packet pick-up at (includes rider #, Map, Socks)
- 8:30–9:00am Riders roll for group start
- 11:30am–1:30 pm – Ride complete. Food, Fun, and Prizes at Workhouse Arts Center.
- 1:30-until ? Join your new bike friends for a friendly excursion to Fair Winds Brewing Company for some post ride carbohydrates.
Questions? Contact: Abdul Shaban at Abdul.firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-780-7518 at Mount Vernon District.
Thank you to our sponsors!