Join Mount Vernon District Supervisor Dan Storck for a community bike ride on Saturday October 21, 2023, at 8:00 am- starting and ending at George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
This year’s ride will be super exciting and scenic as riders will ride on the closed George Washington Memorial Parkway with beautiful views of the Potomac River. The TdMV takes riders on a fun ride through the many Potomac Banks historic, ecological and cultural sites in the northern and central parts of the Mount Vernon District. The route consists of paved roads, paved trails and has some challenging sections. Ride monitors and Fairfax County Police will help with directions and keep everyone safe. The event is rain or shine.
- Short Route Ride with GPS (24 miles)
- Short Ride Cue Sheet
- Long Route Ride with GPS (40 miles)
- Long Ride Cue Sheet
Route Highlights include:
- George Washington Memorial Highway
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- River Farm
- Gum Springs
- Fort Belvoir
- National Museum of the US Army
- Woodlawn and Pope-Leighey House
- Fort Hunt Park
- Hollin Hills
- Dyke Marsh
The 8th Annual Tour de Mount Vernon is dedicated to our friend and inspiration, Dave Evans.
Early Bird Special until September 1: Fee is $30 per rider. Registration includes Tour de Mount Vernon Socks, 1 free day pass to George Washington's Estate, 1 free day pass to Woodlawn and Pope-Leighey House and a $5 donation to Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling.
Registration from September 2-October 21: Fee is $35 per rider. Registration includes a $5 donation to Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling, 1 free day pass to George Washington's Estate, 1 free day pass to Woodlawn and Pope-Leighey House and MAY include Tour de Mount Vernon Socks while supplies last.
Volunteers are needed the week before and the day of the ride! From stuffing rider packets and marking the route, to set-up, check-in, ride support and post event clean up volunteers, there are opportunities for all! Sign up to volunteer here.
- NO REFUNDS due to event cancellation or if the purchaser cannot attend the event. Event is rain or shine.
- NO TRANSFERS of registration to other riders.
- Children 15-17 are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. Experienced riders only, please.
- Helmets are required for the ride, no exceptions.
- Coming soon! Liability waiver required. Bring your printed and signed waiver with you to save time at check-in.
Agenda on Ride Day:
- 7:00-7:50 a.m. – Check-in/Ride waiver drop off.
- 8:00 a.m. – Start
- 9:30 a.m. – George Washington Memorial Parkway (GWMP) opens to vehicle traffic and all riders must be off GWMP. Riders have the option to get on the Mount Vernon Trail that runs alongside the Parkway.
- 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Ride complete. Food, fun, music, beverages, lawn games and comradery at George Washington’s Mount Vernon!
Thanks to our sponsors:
- FABB - Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling
- George Washington Memorial Parkway – National Park Service
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- FCDOT - Fairfax County Department of Transportation
- Celebrate Fairfax
- Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail
- Mount Vernon Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Capital Trails Coalition
- Handy Bikes
- La Prima Catering
- Potomac Banks - Explore Fairfax South
Interested in sponsoring or donating to the Tour de Mount Vernon Community Bike Ride? We welcome you to contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Questions: Contact TEAM MVD at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-780-7518.
Thank you to our sponsors!