i-Tree Design Calculates Projected Benefits
Below is an example of i-Tree Design's Total Projected Benefits (2017-2047) for a site
Over the next 30 years, based on forecasted tree growth, i-Tree Design projects total benefits worth $3,918.
- $1,560 of stormwater runoff savings by intercepting 157,584 gallons of rainfall
- $88 of air quality improvement savings by absorbing and intercepting pollutants such as ozone, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and particulate matter; reducing energy production needs; and lowering air temperature.
- $312 of savings by reducing 32,150 pounds of atmospheric carbon dioxide through CO2 sequestration and decreased energy production needs and emissions
- $1,323 of summer energy savings by direct shading and air cooling effect through evapotranspiration
- $635 of winter energy savings by slowing down winds and reducing home heat loss