On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m., the Sheriff’s Office will hold its twice-yearly Inmate Resource Fair at the Adult Detention Center. The fairs give inmates the opportunity to connect with the community resources they will need when they are released from jail. Over 100 inmates will attend the fair in small groups throughout the day. The Sheriff’s Office sponsors the fairs in partnership with the Fairfax County Re-Entry Council.
“Resource fairs are part of the many Sheriff’s Office re-entry initiatives that give inmates the tools they will need to find employment, supportive housing, health care, a state-issued ID card and so much more,” said Sheriff Stacey A. Kincaid. “Our priority is to help inmates successfully reintegrate into the community once they are released so that they are less likely to commit another crime and return to jail. Our entire community will benefit.”
The following agencies and organizations will participate:
- Alcoholic Anonymous (AA) / Northern Virginia Intergroup, Inc.
- Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- Equal Justice Works - Legal Services of Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP)
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB)
- Fairfax CSB: Supported Employment Program
- Fairfax County Department of Family Services
- Fairfax County Domestic & Sexual Violence Services
- Fairfax Probation and Parole (Virginia Department of Corrections)
- Fairfax County Public Defender’s Office
- Fairfax County Public Library
- Fairfax County Sheriff's Office STAR - Striving to Achieve Recovery program
- Food for Others
- Friends of Guest House
- League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area
- Northern Virginia Community College
- OAR of Fairfax
- Oxford House
- Perfect, Inc.
- SAARA of Northern Virginia
- Salvation Army
- The SkillSource Group, Inc.
- Together We Bake
- Veteran’s Administration
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement (VOICE)
- Virginia Veteran and Family Support (Virginia Department of Veterans Services)