Transition of the Health Department Dental Program to Community Health Centers
Effective January 1, 2023, the Fairfax County Health Department Dental Program is transferring to the Community Health Centers serving Fairfax County: Neighborhood Health and HealthWorks.
All active patients, which includes any patient seen in a Health Department Dental Clinic from January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2022, have been notified of this transition by letter.
Active dental patients will receive dental care from one of the community health centers, based on the proximity of the Community Health Center to the Health Department dental clinic. Other persons seeking dental services should contact the Community Health Center nearest them.
Detailed information about each of the Community Health Centers is available on their websites:
Local and Regional Resources for Dental Care
The following is a list of dental care providers in Fairfax County and surrounding area that offer low cost or sliding-fee dental services to low-income families. Please call them for information about services offered, eligibility, and costs.
- HealthWorks, 703-443-2000, press 2 for dental services
- Howard University School of Dentistry, 202-806-0007
- Neighborhood Health, 703-535-5568, press 9 for dental services
- Northern Virginia Community College Restorative Clinic, 703-822-6607
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic, 703-820-7170
- Washington Hospital Center, 202-877-6737
Frequently Asked Questions
See these FAQs to learn more about this transition.