Dental services have resumed at the Herndon/Reston Office and Mount Vernon Office.
Priority will be given to current patients and those in need of emergency dental care. Please call to make an appointment.
A child's healthy future can be achieved in part through good dental habits learned early in childhood and reinforced throughout life. Regular dental visits starting at a young age, along with good oral hygiene practices and a balanced diet, can ensure a child's teeth remain healthy and strong.
To assist the residents of Fairfax County by providing dental services to children whose families are income eligible and/or to whom treatment is not available in the private sector.
The Fairfax County Health Department has three dental clinics in the county that provide services to children that are:
- Age 0-18 years old with eligibility (sliding fee scale).
- A valid Virginia Medicaid recipient age 0-20 years old.
- Topical fluoride application.
- Dental sealants and restorative services including:
- Amalgam fillings.
- Composite fillings.
- Stainless steel crowns.
- Simple extractions.
- Scaling and root planing.
- Limited oral surgery and endodontic services.
We place a priority on educating the population and preventing dental disease.
Clinic hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Routine dental services for children are available by appointment only. We do not have emergency services or after-hours care.
Joseph Willard Health Center
3750 Old Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA, 22030
1850 Cameron Glen Drive, Suite 100
Reston, VA 22090
Mount Vernon Office
8350 Richmond highway, Suite 233
Alexandria, VA 22309
Adult Dental Care
The Health Department Dental Clinic does not have a program for the adult population.
Dental emergencies or routine care can be obtained from the vendors listed below. Please call them for an appointment or for information regarding cost of services.
- Howard University School of Dentistry, 202-806-0007.
- Neighborhood Health
- Annandale office, 703-535-5568
- Alexandria office, 703-535-5568
- Northern Virginia Community College Restorative Clinic, 703-822-6607
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic, 703-820-7170.
- Washington Hospital Center, 202-877-6737.