The work of the Long Term Care Coordinating Council (LTCCC) is largely accomplished by its committees. All meetings are open to the public and held in accessible locations. For more information about LTCCC committees or the LTCCC, call 703-246-8456, TTY 711 or email us.
The Membership Committee supports strategic plan goal 1: Increase the diversity of representation on the LTCCC.
- Objective 1.1: Analyze the current composition of the LTCCC by geography, population, and sector.
- Objective 1.2: Create a vision of diversity for the LTCCC.
- Objective 1.3: Recruit new LTCCC members.
Community Resource Education Committee
The Community Resource Education Committee supports strategic plan goal 2: Support the efforts of local entities to conduct community outreach to increase awareness of services available to older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Objective 2.1: Identify efforts the LTCCC can assist with to increase awareness of services and supports.
- Objective 2.2: Collaborate with partners to conduct outreach and increase awareness.
Caregiver Support Committee
- Objective 3.1: Identify needs of individuals caring for older adults or individuals with disabilities and find ways to address those needs.
- Objective 3.2: Identify specific projects and initiatives that can be launched to meet the needs of caregivers.
COVID-19 Impact & Response Committee
Established in August 2020, the COVID-19 Impact & Response Committee’s goal is to enhance the lives of older adults, adults with disabilities and caregivers during the COVID-19 crisis and in the near term after.
- Objective 1: Explore to what extent COVID-19 experiences affect LTCCC’s member organizations and individuals working in aging and disability.
- Objective 2: Gather and disseminate ideas and information to LTCCC members about what COVID-19 adaptations work, where assistance can be sought, and what may best propel them and their organizations forward.
- Objective 3: As a result of analyzing the impacts, develop a Plan of Action with measurable outcomes to sustain LTCCC members and their organizations throughout the pandemic and afterwards.
- Objective 4: Facilitate collaborations and partnerships between LTCCC members and their organizations to strengthen programs and services to older adults, adults with disabilities and caregivers during the pandemic.
- Objective 5: Determine what the post-COVID-19 climate may need. Make recommendations and provide informational assistance.
Mobility and Transportation Committee
The Mobility and Transportation Committee supports creating a multi-modal transportation system in the Fairfax area that affords personal independence, choice and full participation by all individuals regardless of age, disability or economic status.
Government Affairs Committee
The Government Affairs Committee supports strategic plan goal 5: Advocate for policy changes that improve the lives of older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Objective 5.1: Provide testimony for advocacy of other LTCCC committees through the Government Affairs Committee.
- Objective 5.2: Review and analyze the Board of Supervisors' (BOS) budget agenda.
- Objective 5.3: Advocate for the LTCCC Housing Recommendations with the Board of Supervisors.
Equity in Aging and Disabilities Committee
Established in July 2021, the Equity in Aging and Disabilities Committee goal is to educate and promote best practices in applying an equity lens to community-based aging and adult disability services aligned with the One Fairfax Policy.
- Objective 1: Increase “equity” knowledge base of committee members
- Objective 2: Support equity information and resource needs of LTCCC members and others
- Objective 3: Develop a data-driven repository of equity lens resources, evaluations and surveys for community-based groups serving older adults and adults with disabilities.