Thank you to the over 300 riders who turned out to make this our most successful Tour de Mount Vernon yet! The 6th Annual Community Bike Ride was held on Saturday October 23, 2021, at 8:30 am- starting and ending at Woodlawn & Pope-Leighey House.
The Tour de Mount Vernon brings cyclists on a fun ride through the northern and central portions of the Mount Vernon District including a scenic route through Fort Belvoir. The route consists of paved roads, paved trails and has several challenging sections. Ride monitors and Fairfax County Police help with directions and keep everyone safe.
Route Highlights include:
- Short Route (21.2): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37665746
- Long Route(41.4): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37665613
- Fort Hunt Park - Rest stop
- Woodlawn & Pope-Leighey House
- Grist Mill
- River Farm
- Fort Belvoir
- National Museum of the US Army
- Gum Springs
- Mount Vernon Estate
NEW this year! All riders and volunteers will receive will receive a voucher for admission to George Washington's Mount Vernon between now and the end of the year. The voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. A mansion tour is included, but must be booked. Due to daily space limitations, visitors are recommended to call ahead or arrive early.
The 6th Annual Tour de Mount Vernon is dedicated to our friend and inspiration, Dave Evans.
Download this year's flyer and share it!
Fee is $25.00 per rider. We require a first name and last name for each ticket. Event is rain or shine, see policies below. Registration includes Tour de Mount Vernon Socks and a $5 donation to Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling. Register here...
Volunteers are needed the day before and day of the ride! From stuffing rider packets and marking the route the day before, to set-up, check-in, ride support and post event clean up volunteers, there are opportunities for all! Register here...
NO REFUNDS due to event cancellation or if the purchaser cannot attend the event. Event is rain or shine.
NO TRANSFERS of registration to other riders.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Rolling start, masks or face coverings required indoors and when social distancing is not possible.
Children 15 and older welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. Experienced riders only, please.
Helmets are required for the ride, no exceptions.
You'll be required to sign a liability waiver on the day of the ride. Print and sign your waiver with you on ride day. Ride waiver...
Agenda on Ride Day:
7:45-8:30 a.m. – Packet pick-up at Woodlawn & Pope-Leighey House (includes rider #, Map, Socks).
8:30-9:00 a.m. – Rolling start. Head out any time during this 30 minutes.
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Ride complete. Music, fun, food and beverages.
Thanks to our sponsors:
- FABB - Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling
- FCDOT - https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/
- LaPrima - https://www.laprimacatering.com/
- Woodlawn & Pope-Leighey House - http://www.woodlawnpopeleighey.org/
- George Washington's Mount Vernon - https://www.mountvernon.org/
- Spokes - https://www.spokesetc.com/
- Handy Bikes - https://www.handybikesdc.com/
- Design Cuisine/DC Rental - https://designcuisine.com/
- Mount Vernon - Lee Chamber of Commerce - https://mountvernonleechamber.org/
Questions: Contact TEAM MVD at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-780-7518 at the Mount Vernon District office.
Thank you to our sponsors!