Are you interested in working to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities? If so, then Therapeutic Recreation Services (TRS) is the place for you! We are frequently in search of individuals who share our passion for providing meaningful, even life changing, support and experiences to individuals with varying intellectual and physical disabilities. These are particularly ideal opportunities for individuals interested in pursuing a career in human services, special education, social work, recreation management and therapeutic recreation.
We are seeking Therapeutic Recreation staff to take the lead in providing outstanding programs for individuals with varying intellectual and physical disabilities for our 2019 TRS School-Aged Summer Camp and Pre-School Mini Camp. Please attend one of our Open Hire Sessions if you are interested in working this summer!
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about work in therapeutic recreation.
Please contact us at 703-324-5532, TTY 711.
Open Hire Sessions
Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of the Therapeutic Recreation Services Team!
Pennino Building (12011 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035)
- Wednesday, March 13: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (10th Floor)
- Thursday, April 18: Noon to 4 p.m. (10th Floor)
- Saturday, May 11: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (2nd Floor)
- Saturday, May 18: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (10th Floor)
- Thursday, May 23: 3 to 7 p.m. (10th Floor) *subject to position availability
Irving Middle School (8100 Old Keene Mill Road, Springfield, VA 22152)
- Wednesday, April 24: 5 to 8 p.m. (Library)
- Therapeutic Recreation Director: Oversees participants and staff; is in charge of day-to-day operations at a Therapeutic Recreation site; assists with participant behavioral support.
- Therapeutic Recreation Unit Leader: Oversees designated participants and staff within a camp room; plans and facilitates daily therapeutic activities.
- Therapeutic Recreation Leader: Provides participant supervision; facilitates daily activities and assists with program planning.
- Program Assistant: Provides program support to staff and participants.
- Instructors: Provides specialized instruction to participants (i.e. yoga, adapted PE, music, art, etc.); may work at multiple sites during the week (5 - 20 hours/week).
$11.70 to $20 per hour (based on position and qualifications)
- Must be 18 years of age and a high school graduate
- Must have at least 250 hours of experience in a recreation or school setting serving individuals with disabilities (college course work can supplement experience)
- CPR/First Aid Certification Preferred
- TB test results: New Hires must have proof of a negative result within the last year/Returning Staff need proof of a negative results within the past 2 years.
- Original Social Security card
- Photo identification
- Banking information to set up direct deposit
- Resident aliens must provide INS Form I-151 and INS Form I-551