Are you interested in working to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities? If so, then Therapeutic Recreation Services (TRS) is the place for you! We are frequently in search of individuals who share our passion for providing meaningful, even life changing, support and experiences to individuals with varying intellectual and physical disabilities. These are particularly ideal opportunities for individuals interested in pursuing a career in human services, special education, social work, recreation management and therapeutic recreation.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about work in therapeutic recreation.
Please contact us at 703-324-5532, TTY 711.
Open Hire Sessions
Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of the Therapeutic Recreation Services Team!
September 6 & 12, 2018
4:30 to 7:30 PM
12011 Government Center Parkway, 10th Floor, Fairfax, VA 22035
We are seeking Therapeutic Recreation staff to take the lead in providing outstanding programs for individuals with varying intellectual and physical disabilities. Some of our programs include:
- Saturday Discover and Voyager: offers participants (6-22) a variety of structured art, fitness and social activities
- Adult Social Clubs: enjoy picnics, museum outings and seasonal events while promoting personal success and development of social skills for adults with developmental disabilities
- SMILE: a play group that supports the social development of 3 to 5 years olds with varying disabilities
- Sports and Fitness: accessible sports/health opportunities for individuals (18+) with developmental disabilities
- Swim Safety Classes
- Therapeutic Recreation Director
- Therapeutic Recreation Unit Leader
- Therapeutic Recreation Leader
Salary Range: $12.80 to $18.49 per hour
- Must be 18 years of age and a high school graduate
- Must have at least 250 hours of experience in a recreation or school setting serving individuals with disabilities (college course work can supplement experience)
- CPR/First Aid Certification Preferred
You MUST bring the following documents to the open hire session for an interview:
- Original Social Security card
- Photo identification
- Banking information to set up direct deposit